Saturday, April 04, 2009

It has been long that I have blogged. And there is nothing new about it. I am definitely what you call a slow blogger. Past days have been I would say just ok...like they have always been....I just met an old friend...a very old friend indeed....we were together in class 4th..we both are in Mumbai since 7-8 months and were too busy to meet....Thanks to me that we met and I discovered a new friend in an old friend. I have been meeting a lot of my old friends in the past few weeks.
Also these days I am kind of aimless. As in, I always knew what I had to do ‘next’. But these days I have no clue. I have decided to be aimless for the next few months. So now i know that for the next few months my aim is to be aimless.
And I know all that I am writing is not exactly what one would like to read...or something that would logically connect...but then I saw this movie today and I really liked it. This character Miss Morgan of the movie “The mirror has two faces” is adorable...which probably every woman would admire....and the ‘not so pretty females’ will also be able to connect. Well I was able to do both. (Though I strongly believe that I am pretty . :P :P) The most interesting part of the movie for me was when Miss Morgan in one of her lectures discusses love and comes to a conclusion that most of us buy it. We go out for movies...dinners...dates and nurture the thought that we are ‘most probably’ in love or ‘kind of’ love or something very close to it. And thus we buy love ( although she carries the discussion forward in a more interesting manner :P).’ But why do we do we buy it?’ she asks?
‘for the propagation of species’....’because we crave for somebody like us’ blah blah were some of the responses.....And then she says- your answers are too intellectual for me....we all want to fall in love is because it feels freaking great!!
And I guess she is right.
So what do you guys say? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It feels freaking great... " Bullshit. I think either you are never seriously in love or it is teen in you speaking (Teen + Hollywood, what a fatal combo)

Being in love and the feeling when you are in love are so absurdly disconnected that it might take all the romance of it if we choose to discuss it. Feeling great is an ideal outcome of all those possible situations. One thing that constantly effect our possibility of feeling great is the question "Is the other person in love too". So in some ways love makes you fearless (like you go an extra mile to get it) and in other cases it makes you fearful (of loss, and of its reciprocation).

Also, social customs like dating and buying things for each other makes love little more tangible. When you think of it, they are not so bad things as Miss Morgan says. Most of us can not handle pure love :)

On a lighter note, go on a date with your bf and buy something... Love may happen in between. :)

You asked for a guy's opinion.... here you go.. ;)

Anonymous said...

i completely agree with the above comment and to add in if you are even comparing love with the materialistic things then you have either experienced superficial love or you fell in love for the sake of having a bf, love is far more than what miss morgan anticipates in the movie.
Sometimes you need that stuff to tell the other person that you love, they are just means of portrayal,and probably if you don't indulge into buying and presenting stuff like this your love goes unrecognized.
So this materialistic stuff gives a manifestation to your love.
but love exists without these things and every time its not freaking great.

Rupali Tyagi said...

@ Anonymous 1,2:
1.Don't be mad at me..I haven't done anything that makes love what it is!!
2.I would appreciate if you I knew who was posting :)
3.The movie said 'The mirror has two faces'. has something for you and for me too... :)
anonymous 1:
Infact I was talking about the one of the possible outcomes...the ideal one...Wouldn't one dream of the ideal case?
Anonymous 2: getting personal..umm..bad... :)

Gaurav said...

although interesting but i am only in partial agreement with what Miss Morgan says...she takes a too idealistic view of what love shud be .. yes u do feel great when u fall in love but that ecstasy cant last forever.gradually it turns into a more matured feeling which encompasses many more emotions than just joy..
going out for dinner,movies ,dates are very much a part of the process of spending some quality time together..what wrong in doing sumthing which two ppl in love enjoy..and as far as presenting each other with gifts is concerned it shud be seen more as token of love than anything else which cud certainly bring back a smile on their face when they see it 10 years down the line......
so what i think is that neither a too idealistic nor too materialistic love can prosper u definitely need a blend of both

Sadaf said...

Hey Rupali,
I loved your post! It felt freaking great to read it...
On one of my lonely nights here in the USA spent needlessly worrying over the future and economy, I suddenly felt like talking to you..
Googled your blog and here I am...

Rupali Tyagi said...

Hey Sadaf...though I have already sent an sms...but in case you check out for a reply here too....
I was overwhelmed to see your comment...makes me remember our long discussions...:) keep coming to my blog :)